When can you apply:
You can submit your application at anytime whilst training online however, you will need to retain your membership for at least six months & engage in the online training for you to be certified indefinitely.
I.e. Please submit your application when your are confident with PBT. This could be after a couple of weeks and if successful, will be certified. Note it will become invalid if you don’t hold your membership for the remainder of a 6 month period.
What you need to submit in your application:
We require you to submit six videos via a youtube link, showing yourself teaching PBT. When uploading to youtube, please list the video as ‘unlisted’. Here is a short video showing how to do this.
You can demonstrate by using a student age appropriate preferable or a colleague if you are not yet teaching the material until you finish your accreditation. There is also a series of questions you will need to answer in your application relating to each video.
List of exercises you will need to film:
- Junior exercise – Turnout for the 7 – 8 years old students
- Junior exercise – Á la seconde & arabesque 9 & 10 year old students
- Senior exercise – Abdominals and core stability (please also familiarize yourself with the updated version unfolding the legs, Devant alignment with core activation, in updates)
- Senior exercise – Batterie combinations
- Advanced exercise – Développé activation
- Advanced exercise – Engagement & mobility (please also demonstrate how to tie the resistance band onto the upper body and please film this exercise executed against the wall instead of with a partner)
All applicants with be reviewed confidentially by Marie Walton-Mahon the founder and you will be notified within 3 weeks. You will be notified with a report if any sections need to be re issued.
If you are Royal Academy of Dance registered teacher, once you are approved and provided with a certificate. You can submit your certificate to the RAD to gain 6 CPD credits.
You can save your application and come back to it